10.10.10

*

We had such a fun birthday weekend. Or Birthday Eve, Birth-day and Birthday Boxing Day as B likes to say. On Saturday we had a long lie in and cups of tea in bed. And a few little presents, of course. Then we met B's brother and his girlfriend for cake and coffee in the River Cottage Canteen. Lemon cake with lemon icing. It was good. I forgot the camera though. That was annoying.

After a wander round town (and a new griddle pan for B!) we headed to the art gallery B's mum works at to see Shaped by War: Don McCullin. A simply amazing exhibition featuring McCullin's war photographs. Harrowing but beautiful. We've been wanting to see it, so were really glad we managed to actually get there. Sometimes these opportunities come and go before you realise it, don't they.

We enjoyed an afternoon nap (we're old now) and headed to our favourite pub to catch up with some other lovely people. It was fun and lots of cider and Guinness was drunk. Oh and then we had chips. Good times.

I forgot the camera. Again.

This morning I did a bacon sandwich run to one of our favourite cafes and after some lazing around, we headed out for a Sunday walk. Autumn has most definitely arrived and it was beautiful to see. An awesome weekend, only fitting for my favourite person's birthday.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic weekend!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds completely awesome! i miss the pubs of your country. its thanksgiving here....happy day of thankfulness!!! and happy birthday to your husband! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute. It looks like a lot of fun!
    And those shoes.
    Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent weekend! I think my favorite part would be the lie in. Or the Guinness and cider. Or the chips. Maybe the nap! You guys are cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you two are so adorable and looks like you totally spoiled B for his birthday! doesn't get much better than a cup of tea, a lie in and a squeeze from your love, well done on the birthday festivities lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon your blog and just read your bio- GUESS WHAT, I was married on the exact same day as you!! And, I have known my high school sweetheart since 16 as well. HOW CRAZY? Very cool blog, I'm just in shock right now. We got married at Jekyll Island, GA. You can see my pics on my blog..right top of the home page if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week end
    I love your shoes by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fancy brogues!! Sounds like a beautiful birthday weekend, I think we should all make a fuss for birthdays. I can't believe you guys have been together since you were 16 - so romantic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you both had a lovely birthday weekend :) isn't it the way though, I always forget my camera and it is usually when there is something lovely to photograph :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, looks like I've missed so much in only a couple of short days! I love the sound of your weekend - very similiar to mine with cups of tea in bed and nanna naps! Bliss x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend! Loving your pictures. You know if you posted 4 more you would have had a Ten on Ten. You should join in next month. It's lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfect weekend! We're big fans of the week-end long (or week long!) birthday. Happy birthday B!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get your shoes???

    ReplyDelete