1.5.13

LITTLE MAMA







It's become part of Phiney's morning to take her pram, her doll Jenny, her favourite bag, aka Mama's bag, her phone (our old home phone) a little purse I gave her, my car keys and a few other random trinkets (over the last few days these have included a pompom, piece of junk mail she claimed as her own, wooden fork - you know, what every Mama needs on a trip out) and declare 'shops!' 

She marches off, pulling her pram and never pushing it, shouting 'bye, bye' as she parks herself in this little spot; at the top of the stairs, between our bedroom and the living room. Every morning I ask her if she can buy some cheese and bananas. Every morning she repeats, over and over, 'cheese...bananas'.

Watching her play really is a privilege. She chats to Jenny, puts her to sleep in the pram before getting her up and feeding her some food. She pull stuff out of her bag and shoves them back in again and wonders round with her pram with real purpose. I try to observe all this without her seeing me; I try not to giggle with delight as she plays. 

Josephine, you are such a good and kind little Mama. My sweet, sweet girl. 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Nell.. she is adorable. And that pram is just so sweet. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to watch them play, in their own little world, is one of the greatest things about being a Mother. This is adorable. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love this. makes me so excited for marlowe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she is just gorgeous, Nell! I never thought imaginative play would be my favourite part of motherhood, but it sure is at the moment! Everly does the exact same thing with her stroller and doll, plus a little kid's size handbag my Mum found at an opshop. She pushes the stroller to the kitchen and fills up her bag with fruit and vegetables (from her play kitchen) and other various trinkets from around the house. I love cleaning up at the end of the day and taking a peek in her bag to find out what she bought at 'the shops' that day. It just goes to show how observant they are! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless her sweet heart. Her hair is getting long! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josephiney you gorgeous little rabbit. How I love you so! xxx

    ReplyDelete